Do you prefer the option of having your teeth realigned using the less obvious and more comfortable Invisalign aligners as opposed to the more obvious and cumbersome conventional braces? To put it simply, it is the correct choice to make!
The results of orthodontic treatment using invisalign London are comparable to those of any other method. And it achieves all of this without letting anybody know or provoking any inquiries about your dental health.
It is important to know that the success of your Invisalign treatment is directly proportional to the amount of care you put into maintaining them. Now you may have particular questions concerning the care and maintenance of your Invisalign, such as whether or not you are allowed to drink while wearing Invisalign. Continue reading to get answers to the questions you raised. At the very end of this essay, you will also discover some basic yet useful suggestions on how to drink while wearing Invisalign.
The Fundamentals: Drinking And Oral Hygiene
Every single one of us has germs in our mouths, some of which are beneficial while others are not. The sugar and carbs that you consume and drink provide food for the pathogenic bacteria. When they do this, they produce acids that eat away at the enamel of your teeth and create a material called plaque, which is sticky and unpleasant.
Cavities are a possible consequence of this over time. For this reason, it is preferable to consume beverages such as soda, sweetened iced tea, certain cocktails, juice, and sports drinks in moderation, regardless of whether or not you are undergoing orthodontic treatment. Even if other beverages, such as coffee, tea, and red wine may not contain as much sugar as, for example, soda, they nevertheless have the potential to discolour one’s teeth. Best invisalign dentist London awaits you for a free consultation. Book your appointment today.
Again, to maintain the health and radiance of your smile, you should only consume little amounts few of these foods and beverages. Acidic beverages are among the worst liquids you may consume for the health of your teeth. Drinks with a high acid content, such as orange juice, lemonade, and white wine, are all known to erode tooth enamel and make teeth more susceptible to decay and discolouration.
What Kinds Of Liquids Can I Drink While Wearing Invisalign?
You are free to consume everything you want with Invisalign, just as you were with braces, but you must remove your aligners before eating or drinking anything. When you want to drink anything other than simple water, you must remove your aligners first. This is why:
Aligners made by our Invisalign dentist in London are fashioned from transparent plastic. Coffee, or any other hot beverage, should not be consumed while wearing Invisalign since it might cause the plastic to distort. The proper fit is essential to the success of Invisalign treatment. If the plastic warps and the fit is wrong, the essential force that your orthodontist programmed into that set of aligners will not be applied to your teeth, and your teeth will not move in the way that was intended. It’s possible that this will affect the results you get or that you’ll have to wear trays again.
Can I Drink Milk While Wearing Aligners?
Milk has traditionally been regarded as the “calcium-rich miracle drink” for maintaining healthy teeth and bones. However, milk does have some natural sugar in it. Even while it may not leave stains on your teeth, it nonetheless has the potential to give you cavities. Because of this, you should always remove your aligners before consuming milk. Also, make sure you give your teeth a thorough cleaning before you replace your aligners.
Tips For Drinking While Wearing Invisalign Clear Aligners
- To ensure that your Invisalign treatment is not negatively impacted. The following are some pointers that will assist you in enjoying your preferred beverage on occasion.
- You can use a straw to consume alcoholic beverages as well as sweet drinks. This reduces the amount of time that your teeth and aligners are in touch with the beverage. Instead of using plastic straws, you may get additional points by drinking using biodegradable straws.
- Always remember to bring a specially designed case containing your Invisalign aligners with you everywhere you go. You should just store your aligners in such a scenario.
- Before consuming beverages such as soda, alcohol, tea, coffee, etc., you should take the time to remove your Invisalign braces. And remember to put them back once you done using them. However, keep in mind that for your treatment to be successful. You will need to wear your Invisalign aligners for at least 20-22 hours each day.
- Always floss at least once daily and brush your teeth after each meal. By adhering to these practices, any germs or cavities that may present in your beverages will eliminate.
- Drink plenty of water. It removes any remnants of food from the system. It prevents germs from growing in your mouth and maintains it clean.
- Utilising the Invisalign cleaning crystals will assist you in maintaining the cleanliness of your aligners. This product develops expressly to clean Invisalign aligners. You can also try other alternatives like toothbrushes, cleansing soaks, mouthwash, and other similar products.
- After you have finished your meal and any beverages, as well as before you put on your aligners. Thoroughly rinse your mouth with water.
- It shouldn’t be a problem for you to have one or two of your favourite alcoholic beverages every once in a while. During your Invisalign treatment, however, you won’t be able to consume alcohol, soda, or coffee regularly. Keep in mind that moderation is the most important thing.
Your orthodontic specialist will supply you with a detailed list of drinks that are safe to consume while wearing Invisalign as well as those that should be avoided. Do you have questions about the use of Invisalign aligners to treat teeth that are not properly aligned? Call the leading invisalign providers for a free consultation, and we will provide you with all the information you want.