Synchronization happens to the Outlook account when we add Outlook.com to the server. The OST file (Offline Outlook Data File) is created by Outlook on your local system. So this is the reason when you launch Outlook it syncs the whole data with the local folder of your system. Mainly the users are using the default option, which is automatic synchronization. So lots of users are digging around for a way to stop MS Outlook from synchronizing folders. This syncing operation may consume a little time. The total time is based on the internet connection speed and the amount of email data in the folder. By taking an example, if you are an organization head or TL of a company, it is pretty obvious you will receive lots of emails on a daily basis. Most of them are with attachments. This makes the OST file heavier day by day. It causes the freeze and keeps stopping the Outlook program.
This is due to the overflow of the data files, which is crossing the storage limit of the server. However, this makes Outlook unable to receive or send new mail. So the user found the necessity to stop Outlook from synchronizing folders.
Procedure 1: Decline Auto-Synchronization of Outlook Folders
As we all use the email service of Hotmail or Gmail, they provide an option to subscribe or unsubscribe to the email messages. As in IMAP configured Outlook. Follow the steps to unsubscribe the emails to auto-sync.
- Firstly, right-click on the email folder you would like to stop syncing and select IMAP Folders.
- Press the tab that says “Subscribe,” then click “Query.”
- Pick all the mailboxes you would like to unsubscribe from, then click the Unsubscribe button.
- Once asked, click the OK button.
So these instructions will lead you to stop the auto sync of Outlook.
Procedure 2: Dispose of Cached Exchange Mode
Well, if you are using or have access to the Exchange server-dependent email client or Office 365. Then disabling the cache exchange mode is best to stop automatic synchronization.
Note: this is not a happening option in Outlook.com
- Firstly, go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings in Outlook 2016 or 2019.
- From the list, choose your Office 365 or Exchange e-mail account and tap Change.
- Under Offline Configurations, uncheck the box next to Cached Exchange Mode.
press “next,” and when need to promote, select ” “OK.”
- To see the modifications, tap “Finish” and then relaunch MS Outlook.
Procedure 3: Stop MS Outlook from Synchronizing Folders
Use this instruction for Outlook versions 2016 and 2019 to stop automatic synchronization. Let’s continue with the steps:
- Well, firstly Go to File > Options in MS Outlook 2016 or 2019.
- Scroll to the bottom to “Send and receive” after clicking the “Advanced” option.
- Untick the box that says “Send as soon as connected.”
- Next, press the Send/Receive tab and uncheck “Send/Receive automatically before leaving.”
- Select “OK” to use the custom functions and apply the modifications.
In conclusion, the three procedures are perfect to fix all the freezing issues in Outlook. If it does not stop MS Outlook from synchronizing folders, then users should move to the PST repair tool, the best tool verified by CNET and reviewed by many experts. Well, it’s up to the user to choose the procedure that is essential.