Both Python and Django are very popular among software developers and web developers. This is mainly because of the benefits that both of them provide to a software developer/web developer. So, today we are going to learn about both of them in detail and see why they are popular, what are their advantages and what are the key differences between both technologies.
Here’s everything that you need to learn about both technologies.
What Are Django and What Are the Advantages of Using It?
It is a web framework that web developers use for the purpose of creating powerful and dynamic web applications in a short amount of time.
- It accelerates the software development process.
- It’s compatible with all major databases and Operating Systems.
- This is a Python web framework and is build using the C language.
- The framework supports MVC architectural pattern. To learn more about the MVC architectural pattern feel free to join the Django Training in Delhi.
Advantage of using the framework
- It supports Object-Relation Mapper and allows its users to easily define data models.
- The framework is very simple and easy to use. Furthermore, it simplifies the software development process and can help a developer in increasing his/her productivity.
- It consists of extensive libraries of Python that make the process of developing web apps very easy for developers.
- It consists of 4000 packages that can be used for tasks like profiling, testing, debugging, etc.
- You can use it with technologies like AI and machine learning.
- A built-in admin system and authentication system are featured.
- This is very time effective/cost-effective and you can use it for all kinds of development projects.
- It supports the Dry and Kiss Principle.
What is python and what are the advantages of using it?
Python is a programming language (high-level programming language) that works on OOPs concept. It is mainly used for creating robust web applications, software, data analysis, AI, etc. It allows developers to write clear and logical code for their different projects.
- This is an open-source programing language (high-level programming language).
- It is build using C language and it works on the OOPs concept.
- It’s compatible with most Operating Systems like Linux, Windows, macOS, Unix, etc.
- GUI programming support.
- It consists of extensive libraries that you can use for regular expressions, unit-testing, web browsers, etc.
Advantages of using the programming language
- It is very simple to use and easy to understand programming language.
- You don’t have to explicitly declare the type of the variable while coding.
- It supports most of the Operating Systems.
- You can use it for developing frameworks, web applications, and software.
- You can use it for data analysis. Furthermore, you can also use it with technologies like AI and machine learning.
- It features extensive libraries that make the process of developing apps, frameworks, and software very easy for developers.
Python vs Django: Key Differences:
Following are the key differences between Python and Django:
- Django is a Python web framework. Whereas Python is a robust high-level programming language.
- You can use Python for creating software and web applications. You can also use it for data analysis and working with technologies like artificial intelligence/machine learning. Whereas you can use Django only for developing web apps. To learn how to develop phenomenal and robust apps using Django feel free to enroll yourself in the Django Online Course.
- Python is built using the C language whereas the Django framework is built on top of the Python programming language.
- Django features a built-in admin system and authentication system. Whereas Python features extensive libraries and 4000 packages that make the process of developing software and web apps very easy.
- You can use Django for developing the frontend and backend of a web app. Whereas Python is a backend programming language.
As you can see there are lots of differences between Django and Python. Python is a programing language and is used mainly for developing software, apps, data analysis, and artificial analysis. Whereas Django is a web framework that is built using Python and is mainly used for developing robust web apps. In simple words, both technologies are very different from each other and serve different purposes.