In this blog, we will discuss the concept of MSG and PST File Formats and how you will be able to convert MSG to PST files by using the native and automated solution.
MSG is a single mail file that is created by Outlook whether it is contact, task, journal, note, calendar, etc. A user can create the MSG file by simply using the drag and drop method.
Now if a user wants to convert MSG file in bulk mode and wants to open it in Outlook then first he/she will have to convert the MSG file into PST file format then the user will be able to view it.
The next section of the article holds the reasons in which users want to convert MSG data into PST file format.
Scenarios for Importing MSG in PST File
- If a user has MSG data in bulk and he/she wants to access it in Outlook then the MSG File Conversion is required.
- Users can easily manage their MSG by converting them into PST Files and being able to operate it in Outlook.
Now, we are going to explain the methods of converting MSG files into PST by using a native method and an efficient method offered by SysTools i.e. MSG to PST Converter.
Methods to Move MSG to PST File – Native Method
Here, the steps are given below where a user can import MSG File to Outlook PST file format by using these methods and by following the mentioned steps:
By Drag and Drop – Manual Method
- Open the Outlook Application
- First, click on Folder and select a New Folder and place the folder as per your preference and rename the folder.
- Now go to that folder where all your MSG Files are located in the local drive.
- And start to move your MSG email by Dragging and Dropping them in Outlook
- Once you are done with this process then you will be able to view your .msg into .pst file format.
Here are the limitations of using this aforesaid method, which is given below:
- This solution tends to take a lot of the user’s time.
- If you are converting your file by using this method then it is mandatory that Outlook should be installed and properly configured on the local desktop.
Now, moving forward in this blog we are going to explain an automated solution named SysTools MSG to PST Converter that gives a 100% of guaranteed Solution
MSG Converter- Hassle-Free Solution
A hassle-Free solution to convert MSG Files in various other file formats as per your preference. It gives different conversion options like PST, vCard, HTML, PDF, MBOX, NSF, and so on. It converts all types of MSG data items like contacts, attachments, tasks, notes, etc.
Here the steps are given below to convert MSG to PST
- Launch the Application MSG Converter.
- You can now navigate the files or folder where your MSG Files are located
- Now, the tool gives you a different preview mode like Normal Mail View, Hex, Attachments, properties, HTML, so on.
- Click on the “EXPORT” button or you can also select the folder or file as per your choice by clicking “EXPORT SELECTED”.
- After clicking Export / Export Selected, Select “PST” File Format
- Hit On, “Advanced Settings”, and here, you have the following filters:
PST Split Option: You can split your large size file in the desired size
Date Filter Option: You can set the date range
Categories: You can tick on the boxes of the specific component that you want to export
- Click on the “Browse” and select the desired path where you are able to view your PST.
- Now the software starts the process and wait until it gets finish, later click “OK”
- Hit On SAVE button to save the generated export report.
The above steps are used for converting MSG emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, journals, etc. into PST Files. The next section of the blog holds the steps to import PST files in MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc.
Here, are the working steps of importing the pst file in Outlook
- Go to Outlook Application
- Open Microsoft Outlook Application
- Click on File Tab
- On the left pane, click on Open And export
- Select the Import/Export
- Now, Select the import from another program or file. Hit on, “Next”
- Select (Outlook Data File .pst) from the list
- Click on the Browse button and then select the .pst folder or file which you want to import. Hit on, “Open” and click on “NEXT”
- Later, it will import into your Outlook
The above blog has provided two solutions using which the users can convert MSG files into PST files in a convenient manner. Now, it solely depends upon the users to choose the solution which meets their requirements to perform the MSG File to PST conversion.